- Naoko Morita (2002)
Thesis title: Negotiating participation in second language academic communities: A study of identity, agency, and transformation.
- Masaki Kobayashi (2004)
Thesis title: A sociocultural study of second language tasks: Activity, agency, and language socialization.
- Kecia Yim (2005)
Thesis title: Second language speakers’ participation in computer-mediated discussions in graduate seminars.
- Sandra Zappa-Hollman (2007)
Thesis title: The academic literacy socialization of Mexican exchange students at a Canadian university.
- Martin Guardado (2008)
Thesis title: Language socialization in Canadian Hispanic communities: Ideologies and practices.
- Jeremie Seror (2008)
Thesis title: Socialization in the margins: Second language writers and feedback practices in university content courses.
- Jean Kim (2008)
Thesis title: Negotiating multiple investments in languages and identities: The language socialization of Generation 1.5 Korean-Canadian university students.
- Wendy Royal (2010)
Thesis title: The philosopher’s teahouse: Implementing a critical language pedagogy multicultural ESL academic preparation classes.
- Tim Anderson (2016)
Thesis title: Negotiating academic discourse practices, ideologies, and identities: The socialization of Chinese PhD students
- Alfredo Ferreira (2016)
Thesis title: Grammatical metaphor and the social genesis of abstraction in the writing of apprentice scholars using English as an additional language
- Ai Mizuta (2017)
Thesis title: Memories of language lost and learned: Parents and the shaping of Chinese as a heritage language in Canada.
- Victoria Surtees (2018)
Thesis title: Peer language socialization in an internationalized study abroad context: Norms for talking about language.
- Ava Becker-Zayas (in progress)
Thesis title: Spanish heritage language socialization in late modernity: Translanguaging social identities and social memory
- Klara Abdi (in progress)
- Thesis title: Language socialization among transnational Chinese children: Negotiating multilingual identities, ideologies, and educational experiences.
- Liam Doherty (in progress)
- Thesis title: Peer mentoring among Chinese language learners in an online affinity space.
- Raymond Pai (in progress)
- Thesis title (tentative): A comparative case study of adult heritage Cantonese as a foreign language programs in North America: Heritage learner motivation and negotiation of identities.
- Sara van dan Acker (in progress)